Re: Intel sound proke in today;s next

On 25.07.2010 17:27, Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:59:00 +1000,
Stephen Rothwell wrote:

[Just cc'ing the sound tree contact]

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:24:36 +0200 Piotr Hosowicz<piotr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello,

I just downloaded today's next and built it, then booted. Sound is not
working, my card is:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio
Controller

I am now booted with latest git kernel and cannot provide more info
here, I rebooted with that kernel because I am going to sleep and I like
to listen to music by night. If more details is necessary I could boot
that next tommorow, but tell me what you need.

Make sure that your mixer setup is correct with a new kernel.
Usually alsactl restores the right mixer values, though.

At best, run alsa-info.sh (with --no-upload option) on both kernels to
compare.  Also you can try to pull only sound git tree instead of
linux-kernel to identify whether it's a problem in the sound tree or
somewhere else.  Anyway, see Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt for
some details.

I do not see such script, alsa-info.sh. I dont know how to pull only the sound tree. Tommorrow morning I will check if there is a new main kernel version and build it. Should I expect that there will be a former problem again ? If so I will investigate it deeper.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Janusz Korwin-Mikke: