Re: On Which Branch I Have to Base Patches

Hi,

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:08:30 +0530 vibi sreenivasan <vibi_sreenivasan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	On which branch i have to base patches on
> 		 linux-next/stable

This is just the place in Linus' tree that I started from for today's
version of linux-next (this only ever moves forward).

> 		 linux-next/master

This is the complete linux-next tree for today (this is effectively
rebased every release).

> 		 linux-next/history

This is just all the linux-next trees linked together (ignore this - it
is not a useful kernel tree).

> 	Where Can i get information on all these branches?

See above.  Also see http://linux.f-seidel.de/linux-next/pmwiki/

To have a tree included in linux-next it must be based on a tree that is
not rebased (or if it does rebase you can guarantee that your tree is
rebased on top of it) that is included in linux-next already.  In
practise this means "Linus' tree" unless you have dependencies on someone
else's tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx