Re: [PowerPC] Next May 8 boot failure: OOPS during ibmveth moduleinit

Jiri Pirko wrote:
Fri, May 08, 2009 at 09:57:22PM CEST, davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
From: Sachin Sant <sachinp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:22:48 +0530

Todays Next failed to boot on a Power6 JS22 blade with following oops.
Jiri, I suspect this might be your address list changes.

Although that's just a guess.  But please take a look.

Hmm, only thing I see might cause the problem would be if calling __hw_addr_add
in dev_addr_init fails, then dev->dev_addr would contain zeroes (which looks
this is not the case). But in this case the oops would appear earlier (in
ibmveth_probe dev_addr memcpy).

Will do the patch which checks the result to behave correctly in case of oom
but this imho this wouldn't help. Strange, I will dig into this more tomorrow.
I can recreate this problem with today's Next release as well. Let me know if you want me to try
out any thing to debug this problem.

Thanks
-Sachin