Re: New linux-next tree suspend-2.6

Hi Rafael,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:54:36 +0100 "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's a new tree for linux-next:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/suspend-2.6.git linux-next
>
> It is based on the Linus' current tree, but I can rebase it on top of anything
> else if that helps.

Linus' tree is good as a base.

> Unfortunately, it has two merge conflict that I'm not sure how to resolve.

Thanks for the suggested resolutions.

> The first one is with the linux-next branch of pci-2.6 and it may be resolved
> by applying the appended patch on top of pci-2.6/linux-next before
> merging suspend-2.6/linux-next.

I notice that your resolution is to revert a patch from the pci tree.  As
an alternative, you could apply the pci tree patch to your tree (which is
what I will effectively do today when I resolve the conflict).

OK, its a bit late in the cycle to be adding stuff for 2.6.30, but I will
add your tree from today and we will see how it goes.

What I tell everyone: all patches/commits in the tree/series must
have been:

	posted to a relevant mailing list
	reviewed
	unit tested
	destined for the next merge window (or the current release)

*before* they are included.  The linux-next tree is for integration
testing and to lower the impact of conflicts between subsystems in the
next merge window.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx