Re: linux-next: ftrace tree build failure

* Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> Today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig) failed like this:
>
> mm/slab.c:105:31: error: tracing/kmemtrace.h: No such file or directory
>
> Caused by commit 3fd4bc015ef879a7d2b955ce97fb125e3a51ba7e
> ("tracing/kmemtrace: export kmemtrace_mark_alloc_node() /
> kmemtrace_mark_free()") from the ftrace tree.
>
> For a "build fix", this didn't :-)
>
> I didn't revert the ftrace tree today, but added the patch below.  A bit
> more care, please.

this has been fixed already a few days ago (if you google for the build
failure string it will send you straight to the fix patch) - i just didnt
push it out to the -next branches yet during the hollidays. (did that now)

Generally if you see a problem with our trees you can check whether an
issue is still present in tip/master:

  http://people.redhat.com/mingo/tip.git/README

before duplicating fixing effort and reporting it as a genuine issue -
especially in a busy timeframe like the merge window when the _next_ merge
window is the least of our worries.

Thanks,

	Ingo