Re: linux-next: net tree build failure

Hi Dave,

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:28:47 -0800 (PST) David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:25:50 +1100
>
> > Sorry, no.  If the build failure is caused by an interaction between two
> > trees in linux-next, then I will spend some time trying to fix it up.
> > However, a simple allmodconfig (even on sparc64, I think) build would
> > have shown you the failure *before* publishing your tree.
>
> Would not, I do an allmodconfig build on sparc64 before every
> push of the net-next-2.6 tree.

So I wonder what prevents CONFIG_PCMCIA being set on a sparc64
allmodconfig?  Just looking at the Kconfig files, I thought it would, but
obviously not.

It means, of course, that that build doesn't test any of the possible
effects of network changes on the PCMCIA device drivers.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx