Re: linux-next: md tree not fetchable

Hi Neil,

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:44:56 +1000 (EST) "NeilBrown" <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's what you get for running "apt-get upgrade" and not testing things
> :-)
>
> Fixed now.

Thanks.

> BTW, there is only the one tree that you need to pull: "for-next".
> I think the other one (md-current??) was for-linus.  That will
> always be included in for-next so does not need to be pulled separately.

I like to fetch them separately because I merge the for-linus stuff early
and then if there is a severe problem with the for-next part, I only have
to drop that and I still get the benefit of any bug fixes in the
for-linus part.  Also, later in the cycle (rc7 or 8 or so) I stop doing
separate builds for the -current tree merges on the (hopefully accurate)
assumption that bugs fixes that Linus has been asked to take will not
cause any problems (and actually may solve some on Linus' tree).

That said, I do like the fact the the for-next part is always a superset
of the for-linus part.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx