Re: Fwd: Interested to join in any sub-system as a newbie

Hi,

I'm not a maintainer or anything, indeed the only subsystem I consider myself
part of (quite passively, though) is Netfilter. But my suggestion is to specify
a bit more what you are interested in. Looking for just _any_ subsystem won't
serve you for long, I can say from personal experience. Try to find out what you
are most interested in (it was networks for me), and look for a subsystem that
is related to that field. You _will_ need personal motivation when you encounter
errors, Kernel world is tough.

Once you sorted this out, look for the mailing list of the specific subsystem,
this is a good navigation point: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html although
it might not host _all_ the lists, I'm not the expert on this part of the
community. Subscribe to that list and start following the threads, you can ask
more specific questions there.

If you are really in the discovering phase, you might want to have a look at
Google Summer of Code. Even if you are not a student, you might find interesting
project ideas and have an impression what projects are out there, what the
subsystems need. Although, it's not Linux kernel specific, so you will need time
to filter the possibilities.

Hope this helped.

Bests,
Máté