Request for advice on choice of NVME SSD with respect to buggy firmware

Dear Linux community!

I am currently considering buying an NVME SSD for my laptop (most probably one of Intel 600p, 660p or 760p series), and I am concerned with Linux compatibility. My distribution of choice is Debian Stable, which currently has kernel 4.19.37, so I will most probably run kernels 4.19.* for next three years.

As I know, some SSDs have buggy support for TRIM in their firmware, which may lead to data corruption or loss. I have inspected ata_device_blacklist struct in [1], and as I understand, most Intel SSDs are fine except for 510 series. However, I am not quite sure if I have interpreted this struct the right way, and if information from this struct applies to NVME drives in particular. In addition, it could be that problems with 600p, 660p, 760p have not yet been discovered. In the internet I managed to find very little information on these drives' Linux compatibility. Phoronix has benchmarked at least one model from each of those series with kernel versions prior to 4.19, but 1.) I am not sure if those benchmarks provide information on TRIM's reliability and 2.) I am not sure if different drives within one series are equally well compatible with Linux.

Apart from that, over the internet I have read, that some Linux users had problems with some WD and ADATA NVME SSD drives, which would not be detected by Linux at all. Though such cases were quite rare, they still concern me. The abovementioned Phoronix benchmarks prove, that some 600p, 660p, 760p drives are successfully detected and mounted r/w on Linux, but again, I am not sure if it applies to all of the drives within those series.

Could you please tell me, if anything is known about Intel NVME SSD 600p, 660p, 760p series with respect to Linux compatibility and questions raised above?

Thanks in advance!

Yours, Sergey Protserov.

[1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/ata/libata-core.c