Pointer compare in md driver

Hi,

I have a question when reading md driver. Following is the code from
linux/drivers/md/md.c, function md_do_sync():

                for_each_mddev(mddev2, tmp) {
                        if (mddev2 == mddev)
                                continue;
                        if (!mddev->parallel_resync
                        &&  mddev2->curr_resync
                        &&  match_mddev_units(mddev, mddev2)) {
                                DEFINE_WAIT(wq);
                                if (mddev < mddev2 && mddev->curr_resync == 2) {
                                        /* arbitrarily yield */
                                        mddev->curr_resync = 1;
                                        wake_up(&resync_wait);
                                }
                                if (mddev > mddev2 && mddev->curr_resync == 1)
                                        /* no need to wait here, we can wait the next
                                         * time 'round when curr_resync == 2
                                         */
                                        continue;
                                /* We need to wait 'interruptible' so as not to

The type of mddev2 and mddev both are struct mddev *, so what's the
meaning of comparing these two variables?