Re: Where do I pose login and password questions?

Doug,

This is a Linux kernel mailing list; the Linux kernel knows nothing of
login methods, usernames, or passwords. The only thing the kernel
deals with are process UIDs and GIDs, which are set and read via the
(get|set)(uid|gid) and derivative system calls, as well as file/device
permissions. Login and authentication are handled in userspace. I
suggest you read more about the login process:

http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/howlinuxworks/linux_hllogin.html

Cheers,

Jonathon Reinhart