Re: Need help to measure and tune the latency in Linux RT

Thanks for all the replies.
I am stuck with this issue for more tan a month. Explained this in
more detail at:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15805231/need-to-improve-the-linux-performance-for-embedded-system

But with no response from anyone.

I use PREEMPT patch for 2.6.33 vanilla kernel.

I have pasted all the processes running on my system:

  PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
    1 root      3192 S    init
    2 root         0 SW   [kthreadd]
    3 root         0 SW   [ksoftirqd/0]
    4 root         0 SW   [events/0]
    5 root         0 SW   [khelper]
    8 root         0 SW   [async/mgr]
   84 root         0 SW   [sync_supers]
   86 root         0 SW   [bdi-default]
   88 root         0 SW   [kblockd/0]
   91 root         0 SW   [omap2_mcspi]
  116 root         0 SW   [rpciod/0]
  123 root         0 SW   [kswapd0]
  124 root         0 SW   [aio/0]
  125 root         0 SW   [nfsiod]
  126 root         0 SW<  [kslowd001]
  127 root         0 SW<  [kslowd000]
  128 root         0 SW   [crypto/0]
  267 root         0 SW   [mtdblockd]
  351 root         0 SWN  [jffs2_gcd_mtd8]
  359 root      3192 S    /sbin/syslogd
  361 root      3192 S    /usr/sbin/telnetd
  364 root      1996 S    vsftpd
  410 root     43844 S   my_appl
  416 root     56412 S <  my_appl
  417 root     84804 S    my_appl
  418 root     43844 S    my_appl
  419 root     84824 S    my_appl
  430 root     46552 S <  my_appl

The process my_appl is my application processes.

the ksoftirq is running with SCHED_OTHER.

$ chrt -p 3
pid 3's current scheduling policy: SCHED_OTHER
pid 3's current scheduling priority: 0

I will test by changing ksoftirq priority to see how it works.

Regards
Ashoka.  K