Re: Mount two device on the same directory

>   then, if I type " ls / " command , Are all files in the two device show up to me?

My understanding is that whichever filesystem was mounted last, that
will be the one responding to ls.

For example, when you mount a usb stick to /mnt/mydevice, the
directory contents are replaced with the contenst of the usb stick you
mounted.

To see what I mean:

mkdir /mnt/mydrive
touch /mnt/mydrive/somefile
ls /mnt/mydrive/
mount /dev/(whatever the device is) /mnt/mydrive
ls /mnt/mydrive/

somefile should appear in the listing before mount but not after mounting.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie

"This started out as a hobby and spun horribly out of control."
-Unknown