Re: seq in tcp protocol

FIN flag is set to terminate a TCP session, similarly SYN flag is set
to indicate beginning of a TCP transmission.
So stream tear-down is initiated as soon as receiver gets a packet
with FIN flag set to 1. Though there are some intricacy and variation
of it.

http://www.fluffyspider.com/resources/papers/TTCPIMG00011.GIF

http://www.fluffyspider.com/resources/papers/t_tcp.html