Re: Fix files with checkpatch errors/warnings

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Alejandro del Rio <scasbyte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm completely new to linux kernel development and I would like to
> make a very first contribution by "cleaning" some files. I noticed
> that the script checkpatch.pl (inside scripts/ folder) report lots of
> style errors on some drivers.
> For example try running ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --file
> drivers/video/*, you will notice that most of the files contain style
> issues.
>
> My questions are: Is people actively fixing this? Maybe they are not
> very interested on fixing this typos... Otherwise, could I contribute
> by submitting patches on this?

Hi Alejandro,

The best to figure out is sending the patches ;-)

> And finally, if I do so, to who should I show this fixes?

Once you have the patch. You can use ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl to
know who is expecting to receive your patch.

It is only a suggestion not something to follow strictly. Common sense
will tell you if you need to cc someone else or not.

Hope it helps,

--
Javier Martínez Canillas
(+34) 682 39 81 69