Re: Viewing dmesg output after crash

I use netconsole which sends the kernel ring buffer updates to a
remote machine through UDP ..
And then you can use netcat command to dump the remote udp logs to a
file and view it.
I have never missed any log messages using this approach..

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt

My commands are :

in the client machine ( which crashes ):

modprobe netconsole netconsole=@/eth0,@128.105.102.217/

where the ip address "128.105.102.217" is the remote machine's ip
address. ( which captures logs )

in the remote machine I run the command :

netcat -u -l -p 6666 | tee crashlog

also, iptables --flush helped me remove the udp packet filters which
sometimes can filter out the netconsole udp messages.

thanks,
-Leo