Re: dear list

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM, gaoqiang <834555262@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently,I got some trouble reading the kernel source.  There are so many
> macro def in the source tree and I don't know whether some one wad defined
> or not.
>
> So,is there any way to just preprocessor to eliminate these macros ,
> similiar to gcc -E ???

pros and cons...."-E" will generate so much intermediate output that
you will be drowned in source codes.

alternatively....it is better to zoom down via learning how to use
ctags with "vi", and direct disassembly via "objdump" to see which
macro it matches to.

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialAdvanced_vi.html

but first u must generate the tag file with "make tags" on the kernel
source first.

> --

Regards,
Peter Teoh