Re: Video playback on osk with linux-2.6.18

Wow....looks like a exciting gadget to play with....

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:23 AM, mohammed shareef <mdshareef@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have an OSK-Omap5912 with linux-2.6.18 running on it. i want to add
> video playback support to it. Has someone done this before? could you
> suggest some ways to do it? thank you.
>
> regards,
> Mohammed

First:

>From www.omap.com===>under "Design and Support" and "Sample" u can
possibly find the technical document, and program samples and
libraries to program the device.   Or enter the part number in the
search box and find.

or this site:

http://omap.spectrumdigital.com/osk5912/ ==> here u can find all the
hardware datasheet, software/hardware userguide - all specific to
osk5912.

http://omap.spectrumdigital.com/osk5912/bsp/index.html ==> codes samples here.

2nd:

There is a mailing list for this, subscribe here (and this one looks
quite active...not sure how it compared with the one at
linux-omap@vger.   Similarly, for Linux Kernel Newbies, the mailing
list at kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx is much more active than that of
linux-newbie@vger.

and in particular, this email has a small program sample to control the device:

http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/linux-omap-open-source/2006-January/006205.html

3rd:

In the kernel source drivers/video/omap directory - not sure how
useful, but datasheet from above should source be the best.

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh