[LINUX-NEWBIE] When does bottom half get to run?

Hello all,

I was reading into top/bottom half handlers of interrupt processing,
and I couldn't find an answer to my question;

when does bottom half get to run?

Actually, more specific question would be, can a task (any process...)
be running when bottom half is not empty ( i.e., there are works to be
done on be half some interrupts that happened)?
Or, does bottom half handler have priority over all tasks (meaning
that all bottom half work has to be completed before a scheduler gets
to run one of the ready processes)?

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

--
For The Best,
Antino Kim