KDE doesn't execute programs the first time

Greetings

I've installed Kubuntu Edgy with KDE 3.5.6. My problem is that
frequently, when i try to execute a program from KDE environment,
it doesn't run. I mean that when i choose the program from the KDE menu
it tries to run (the program icon appears bounding next to the pointer,
the program name appears in the panel...), but then it stops (after a
time --in my opinion long time- the pointer and panel are like before)

Sometimes the program runs the second time ir try, and sometimes it doesn't
even run (then i execute it by console). Of course this doesn't happen alwas
but frequently.

Do you know what is the problem? And the solution...? Actually is not
something really really important but sometimes in annoying

Thank you very much!!
-