query related to different architectures

Hi,

Please pardon me for this stupid question, but this is regarding a
confusion I have developed regarding the architectures as listed in
arch/ directory:

1) i386 - I understand this is the most commonly used intel IA32
architecture to which all the pentiums, xeons, and 386, 486 etc
belong. It also covers the AMD (and other manufacturers') x86 based
processors. Is this right?

2) ia64 - This is for the intel 64 bit processors (Itanium).
Additionaly, it also covers AMD and other manufacturers' 64 bit
processors. Correct?

3) x86_64 - What is this?

Secondly, when we talk of 32/64 bit processor, we are talking about
the data bus width, right? The same holds when we talk about Operating
systems, right? So the size of address bus does not matter?

TIA,

Rick
-