Re: another place where bootup messages are recorded?

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 13:53, you wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:31:43AM -0700, tom arnall wrote:
> > Recently I have begun to get a great number of messages at boot-up which
> > are about 'querying' scsi drives. I need to get a better look at the
> > messages, but cannot find them in the logs in /var/log. Is there another
> > place where bootup messages are recorded?
>
> You'll have them printed by typing 'dmesg'
> Regards,
> Frederik

the messages aren't in there either  ;( .  the weird thing about them is they
say that the boot process is checking a scsi device, of which i have none on
my system. this phenomenon started btw after i installed the following:

	suspend2
	software to configure the touchpad
	laptop mode
	acpi-related stuff

also simultaneous to the appearance of the new messages was the appearance of
a recurring 'mini-hang' in the system. the hang lasts about one second and
occurs every 4 mins 2 secs exactly, except for a short period after booting,
when the intervals are smaller though still in a precise pattern. whenever
the hang occurs, the fan comes on for about 10 seconds.

-