Re: LCD Monitors and Linux?

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 09:52 -0400, Hal MacArgle wrote:
> Greetings: My wife wants a LCD monitor, a space problem, so I
> thought I'd solicite some comments from anyone using one of them in
> character text mode..

I'm not sure exactly what type of comments you are looking for, so I
will just mention a couple things that come to mind. Text mode works
well and everything is readable. On the LCD monitors for desktops that I
have seen the text display modes are allowed to take up the entire
monitor (as opposed to some laptops where the displayed image appears
smaller for lesser resolutions). The automatic adjustment button works
great for graphical modes, but tends to cut off the top of tux's head
when I boot my kernel with a the framebuffer set to 1024x768x64k (mode
791).

HTH,

--
Chris Largret <http://www.largret.com>