Re: Issuing BIOS interrupts in Linux

Okay ... NOW we are talking. Any idea / links / references on where
should I start looking for? How tough / practical is it to switch from
protected mode to real mode and back? Is it possible at all (in
linux)?

Paging only works in protected mode. And once paging is turned off,
all the kernel code is unusable because it is linked at PAGE_OFFSET +
something. ( 3GB + )

Disabling paging itself is not easy, let alone going to real mode
(where only 64KB memory is available ) and coming back.

Nilesh

--
And ye shall know the truth (source) and the truth shall set you free.
-