To: "Jesse" <jlc@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-newbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 3:37 AM
Subject: Re: How to make KDE default windows manager?

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 19:17 -0400, Jesse wrote:
I found the file in the same place, and it has pretty much the same thing
you've got there. However, think this may be the configuration file once
you get KDE up and running.  I can't seem to get KDE running.

Hmmm, on my system that file puts 'KDE' in the list of desktop
environments available in [xgk]dm.

I'd recommend checking the file permissions
for /usr/share/xsessions/kde.desktop. It would also be nice to know
which desktop manager is being used for your run-level (xdm/gdm/kdm).
'ps -ef' will give you a list of programs currently running. One of them
should be your desktop manager.

I'm also CC'ing this to the list in hopes that someone will know
better. :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Largret" <largret@xxxxxxxxx>