Traffic control and multiq

Hi,
I'm new to the Linux traffic control feature and I have a question
regarding its use with multiqueue enabled interfaces. I'm trying to
understand if it's possible to dedicate one queue/band to one type of
packets, and distribute everything else that's not matching the filter
for that queue over the rest of available queues. And if so, is it
possible to turn off interrupt throttling for that individual queue
(or is there a better way of minimizing the latency/time for delivery
of packets in that queue)?

I'm using the multiq qdisc, and attach a filter that's supposedly
trying to match the ethertype field and map that to one out of four
available queues but I'm not sure I'm approaching this in the right
manner. The packets are part of a link supervision protocol and have
limits on how much time the system can take to process and respond to
control packets (don't ask me why, I'm just trying to "make it work"
:). I haven't found too much documentation about the multiq qdisc so
if anyone have something useful I'd be thankful, running a 2.6.32
kernel.

Regards, Mikael

P.S I'm not on the list