IGMP Reports on restoration of interface link

Hi,

I am working on 2.6.23 kernel. If a multicast group is joined over a
bonded interface, I can see IGMP Reports being resent when interface
link is restored (basically when any of the slave interface links is
restored)
But if a multicast group is joined on a physical interface (e.g.
eth0), I do not see any IGMP Joins being resent when interface link is
restored.

I understand that the bonding driver code handles resending of IGMP
Joins on any active interface when the link is restored or when there
is a change in Active interface state.
But is there a reason why the same cannot be done for rest of the
devices (eth0, vlan etc) ? This way the box will not lose any
multicast input when interface link is restored.

The behaviour is same in later kernel versions as well.

Any insight in this issue would be of help.

Thanks
Mallika