Re: nic enumeration

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 22:47, Andrew Fong <ayf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Loke, Chetan <Chetan.Loke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, udev has not really a concept of being restarted, it will not do
anything. You can only synthesize events, so it looks like the device
is just plugged in. For that, you need to make sure the interface is
not busy, otherwise renaming will fail in interesting ways, especially
if names need to be swapped between several devices.

Live renaming of interfaces is something you really need to know what
you are doing, especially on remote machines.

Kay