Re: multipath: different behaviour I do not understand

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Bernd Eckenfels <bernd-10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <u2t73dbe2851005041257l9e2cdf50sab187fd49b4688c7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
>> 1)  GO  =  1->2->4
>>  RETURN  =  4->1
>> 2)  GO  =  1->3->4
>>  RETURN  =  4->1
>
> if the two interfaces at 1 have different ip addresses, it will result in an
> auto bind of the socket to one of the addresses.  If you use a fixed local
> address it might be due to the fact that its not the FIB which is working
> here, but the tcp socket endpoint doing the routing decision.

Node 1 has the same IP address at each interface.
I add that I see the same strange behaviour if I do send the packets
with UDP. (I tried this with "nc -u")

Anyway, this sounds new to me. Is the socket endpoint storing the
routing decision for future transmissions? Maybe also a UDP endpoint?

So, if I get it right, when a socket is connected to an address the
lookup is performed and the next-hop is memorized; then when that
socket is used the next-hop will always be the same.
How am I supposed to do effectively multipath then?