Re: Why rfkill interface doesn't have show() hook

Hi Mattew,

於 三,2010-04-28 於 23:23 +0100,Matthew Garrett 提到:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 06:06:39AM +0800, joeyli wrote:
>
> > And I want do the same thing in msi-laptop driver, but MSI BIOS send
> > keycode but not wmi event. So, I think I will reference the
> > rfkill-input.c to add a simply input handler to msi-laptop driver.
> > When it capture the RFKILL_TYPE_WLAN/RFKILL_TYPE_BLUETOOTH, it will
> > query the -REAL- hardware block then update rfkill state.
>
> Does the firmware automatically update the state when the key is pressed
> and the keycode sent? If so, check out the i8042_filter code in
> dell-laptop.c.

Yes, your i8042_filter works good to me when I used it in msi-laptop
driver.

But, I still got a problem with rfkill-input module, I found this rfkill
module was auto call .set_block callback function when I press
wifi/bluetooth function key. It causes set block needlessness and
sometimes conflict with my driver.
Even I set the rfkill parameter:
	options rfkill master_switch_mode=0
This issue still there.

Every thing works fine after I use a patch to set rfkill_input_disabled
to "1":

	static atomic_t rfkill_input_disabled = ATOMIC_INIT(1);

By the default, this value is "0".
And, I found if I want to disable rfkill-input module from kernel
config, I need enable the EMBEDDED option, but I don't want do it on X86
netbook.

Does there have any good way to disable rfill_input module when I
implmenet this interface?

Thank's
Joey Lee