Re: tc: using hfsc with stab/atm linklayer

Roel van Meer wrote:
Michal Soltys writes:

tc qdisc add dev eth1 stab linklayer atm root handle 1: hfsc

Yes, it will work. Don't forget about overhead options. Generally:

I had omitted them in the above in order not to clutter my question with (at this point) irrelevant information. I won't forget.

tc qdisc add stab help

It will explain all the generic stab options (assuming your tc is recent enough)

2.6.33, but I've added two of your patches which add a bunch of documentation [1,2]. Thanks for those, by the way!

I noticed they were dated feb 2009 and patchwork flags them as not applicable. They're not in iproute2 latest git either. Any idea why not?

I haven't really pressed too hard to include them. There're still some more info that should be there (upperlimit propagation to the root, if set anywhere; some info about internal accuracy and curver representation; some other stuff).

Maybe I should revisit those docs, hmm.