Re: TCP performance on a lossy 1Gbps link

I would suggest you look at the tcp congestion avoidance.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/tcp.txt
The Westwood algorithm: Quote "Its authors claim that Westwood is
especially good for wireless links or other situations where the loss
of an occasional packet may have nothing to do with congestion. "

see
# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_available_congestion_control

Cheers,
Pieter E Smit