Re: multicast performance

Ciao Matt, I'm definitely not a kernel expert, but i've been working a lot with multicast lately.
I'll just tell you a couple of things I wish someone told me time ago.

- Multicast performance decreases with the number of senders.
I.e. if a single process can send data at 800Mbit/s, then two senders (most likely) won't be able to send data at 400Mbit/s each.
(just saying that since you're using "many" servers)

- Timestamping after receive() can be very imprecise.
You should probably use in-kernel timestamping for that purpose.

Marco