receiving multicast over multiple interfaces

Greetings,

for a specific benchmarking setup, we would like to receive a single multicast sent from machine A on two interfaces (physical NICs) within another machine B. The two NICs in B have IPs within different subnets.

The benchmark runs two threads which both join the same IP multicast group (struct ip_mreqn.imr_multiaddr), but bind them to different interfaces (struct ip_mreqn.imr_address). This works fine from the benchmark perspective, BUT: the datagrams are actually only received via the first interface to which the IP multicast group is bound (this was determined by looking at /proc/interrupts and with ifconfig).

While this makes perfect sense for normal operation, as it avoids receiving the same data twice, we would really like to have both interfaces receive and process the multicast data.

Is there any way to do achieve this? I'm currently looking at net/ipv4/igmp.c to understand where this "interface joining" is done, but any input is welcome.

 thanks, Joachim