Re: Question on adding/deleting multicast routes

> What I want is a way for the kernel to forward multicast traffic to
> listening sockets independently of the interface and of the IGMP join.

        An interface will not receive any multicast packets for groups
you didn't join on that interface, whether or not you joined it on
another interface. If you want all multicast traffic on all interfaces
for a particular group, you have to join that group on all interfaces.

> Is this possible? It doesn't seem logical to me to discard multicast
> traffic because it comes from an interface the kernel didn't chose to
> send the IGMP join.

        The join is exactly how you express that you want that group
traffic on that interface. That's how multicast works.

                                                                +-DLS