Question about HFSC atm+man patches

I'm thinking about writing few simple patches that would introduce layer
2 adaptation to HFSC. Generally - instead of preparing adjusted rate
table like some of the other qdiscs do (tbf, htb, ...), hfsc could
simply adjust packets' lengths in qdisc code (and there are just few places where it's done) - as it's used for all time / curve related computations later. So the whole thing should be, at least in theory, pretty straightforward.

The tc's interface would of course remain the same - that is - linklayer
and overhead options, consistently with other qdiscs.

Would such approach be valid and possibly accepted ?

Another thing I'd like to add is detailed tc-hfsc man page (and maybe
add/update other ones - but that's for a bit later).