RE: Getting NIC statistics using Ethtool.

>What would be the format of the statistics copied from the kernel space

>(to the address pointed by the data field of >struct
>ethtool_stats) ?

>Do all the drivers implement the same data format when they copy the
statistics to user space in response to this Ethtool >ioctl?

Yeah, they should implement. But, its upto the person who wrote the
driver of Atheros(In generally, for Intel/Broadcom, they provides the
features of stats information through the function pointer
"get_ethtool_stats").

>If not, how can I know what format used by the driver I am working on (
I am working on Atheros driver)?

Verify your application first on Intel/Broadcom driver if its works
fine, then verify it on your Atheros driver.
If your Atheros driver doesn't provide these feature, then do the
similar enhancement in your Atheros driver by cross-checking with
Intel/Broadcom drivers.

Regards,
Mythri.