Creation of net_devices dynamically

Hi everyone

I need to develop a Kernel module which should create net devices
dynamically. There would be an user space program from which the user
would give the name of the interface and this information will be sent
to the kernel module using IOCTLs and the device should get created.
The problem here is that for IOCTLs to work itself, a device needs to
be created first with which IOCTLs would be used.

The Linux bridge code does this by having a separate IOCTL handler
which is very specific to bridge. I need something like this but at
the same time, i don't want to change the Linux Kernel code nor re use
the bridge code

It would be really helpful if someone could give me some suggestions on this .

Cheers,
Balaji