Re: question about 3sec timeouts with tcp

> I think this has something to do with net/ipv4/tcp_input.c which contains
> code to initiate and process all the incoming tcp packets. I took a look at
> it, but it is still a very large bunch of code to "review" and I'm far from
> being as experienced in kernel code than original programmers.

This is exactly where I've been looking, but its extremely tedious to
figure out what's going on given I'm not familiar with the codebase.

As far as the bug being present in other kernels, we use OS X on
some other servers and do not have the problem.  Obviously this isn't a
great test case since its closed source; just intresting to note that
despite their shared BSD lineage something has occured in linux branch.

Also we have a stock FC4 2.6.17 kernel in production and seem to have
the same problem (although I have not done tcp dumps on these machines
to verify its identical).