Re: strange problem with ipv6 site-local dummy

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:30:52AM -0400, David W. Hankins wrote:
> This is maybe entirely academic; I was only testing some DHCPv6
> software over a dummy interface, and maybe found an odd IPv6 bug,
> but as it only probably makes creating a test case problematic, it
> may not matter generally;

Actually the same thing happens on a physical interface.  Not showing
up in tcpdump there either.  So, not academic.

What's going on in Linux socket code that's keeping the reply from
reaching the client's receive socket?  It just dies after sendmsg(),
there are no logs, I can't seem to find any counters anywhere.

Why can't a linux box's server reply to its own link local address?

I guess I can put the client in a site local multicast group and
make the server reply to it and it would work...

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/