Re: Multiple unicast MACs on the same interface

In article <71056.84496.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> On tcpdump output I can see arriving frames with correct address
> (the unicast one I addes to multicast filter),

If you see them in tcpdump without promic mode, then the card was receiving
them correctly and passing them to the network stack.

> but for some reason system is not responding.

I guess the network
stack is recognizing them as packets for "otherhost".

> Can you provide Jeff or anybody else a name of NIC that is capable
> to support multiple unicast MAC addresses?

I dont think its a NIC problem if you see the packets in tcpdump-

> "ip l set dev eth0 promisc on"
> but it looks like even with having promisc mode enabled system is not responding.

The promis is receiving the packets, but it is not processing the packets
which are not targeted at the own system with the normal IP stack. I am not
sure where you can add the additional MACs to make them beeing recognized.

Gruss
Bernd
-