Re: Stalled connection (need help to debug)

Oleg Verych wrote:
[no answer in linux.network, let me post here (linux.network.general) then]

Hallo.

I have a very strange problem.

Server (with Debian Etch) was running for 80 days perfectly. Then, (after
some lighting, i believe) i noticed, that connection, that isn't active
(i.e. is not transferring something) frizzes on client's side (and
then dies on linux, ftp, ssh), dies (connections reset windows).

Logs are empty. Ping is working, reconnection is OK. But if it's not
active ==> same stall.

Server is pretty far way and after i tried everything (reconfigure IF,
different client OSes), i've rebooted it. Still the same problem. The
power cycle didn't help either.

I use this server as my Internet ant (it's flower.upol.cz, BTW).
I do ssh && screen -x to work on it. The only way i still can do this,
it's my clock.sh script (updates tty with current time after 1 sec):

$ ssh && clock.sh && exec screen -x

Any advise on how to debug this will be very appreciated. TIA.

I just had the same thing over here (ping works, nothing else), literally three days ago: the switch was dying. A switch powercycle helped, but I'm ordering a new one ;)... just a hint - it might not even be your NIC.

Auke
-