Re: [BUG] Conntrack SIP Problem

Yes, I have tried your patch yesterday evening. The SIP-control connection was OK as I could get my phone ringing, but got no audio in both directions. I did not have time to get a network trace yet, but I remember that when I wrote up the patch I use some months ago, the wrongly expected connection was a problem I ran into.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the line below, which is in the set_expected_rtp function, expect an RTP-connection which originates from ct->tuplehash[!dir].tuple.src.u3 which is the IP-address of the SIP control connection server in the case that the client sends a SIP packet to the server?

nf_conntrack_expect_init(exp, family,
	&ct->tuplehash[!dir].tuple.src.u3, addr,
	IPPROTO_UDP, NULL, &port);

I am not an expert in the netfilter code, but is it possible that your client starts to send an RTP-stream to the server and hence generates a conntrack entry that enables the server to send an RTP-stream back to the client?

Regards,
Jerome