Re: UDP Broadcasts not delivered to IP address

In article <47ed01bd0705030140o6dbd326du102f1cc4bf9a795c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> I think that would make a lot of sense, a sockopt would not really
> damage anything that depends on the current behavior.

You can set up a multi cast filter on a subnet if your hardware allows it.
And you can install a BPF to filter for Subnets if you really want to.
Binding to a subnet makes no sense.

> I was digging around, it looks like I can get identical behavior to
> windows by binding to INADDR_ANY, and using setsockopt() to bind to
> the specific interface, like others have said.

Thats why we have saided it. With the Linux stack you dont have the semantic
of binding to interfaces via Address, since those are different beasts.

> I would definitely support a patch though for this, it's going to be a
> fair amount of code to implement the proper workaround in wine.

It is not much code, and the code is better in winelib/usermode than in the
kernel.

Gruss
Bernd
-