Re: iproute sources for kernel 2.6.17

On 4/20/07, Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Use the latest Version, only. (I dont think it is a particular good idea to
make the numbers look like kernel versions).

You will only get trouble with 2.0 or 2.2 Kernels, otherwise all the tools
will work with older kernels (not necesaryly all functions). This is true
for net-tools, also.

Ah cool!

I am trying to get the third party traffic smoothing queueing
discipline (PSPacer - precise software pacer from GridMPI project)
going and I've had some bad experiences with mismatched
iproute2/kernel versions... using the latest iproute2 would be great -
I am going to give it a try right away!...

By the way, can I then interpret (from
http://www.gridmpi.org/pspacer-2.1/usage.en.html):

"In the FedoraCore 3 after "yum update", the kernel and the iproute2
will have mismatching versions. You have to choose either downgrading
the kernel to version 2.6.9 or upgrading the iproute2 to version
ss050330 manually"

As
"...  or upgrading the iproute2 to LATEST version manually" ?

Anyway - I'll try using the latest version... and see if pspacer falls
into "(not necesaryly all functions)" category :-)
-