Connect() blocks in endless loop test

Hello there,

if anybody here could help me out with this, I would be very gratefull.

While hunting for some "connect delays" on our network, I wrote a very simple
endless loop connecting and disconnecting to some TCP port. Loop consists of
a socket(), bind(), connect() and close(). It works fine for about 300 or so
iterations and then connect() blocks once for exactly 3 seconds. Loops then
continues normaly and after another few hundereds of iterations connect()
pauses again. And again, for 3 seconds. This happens also when testing
through loopback interface to localy listening TCP socket.

I believe this my problem is somehow connected with
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/9710.3/0084.html as it's the only post
I found mentioning these 3 seconds timeouts. However, I try to bind to
arbitrary source port so I if got that post right, it should be working fine.
I tried to set tw_recycle and tw_reuse to 1 - but no success.

What am I missing here?

--
Michal Feix
michal@xxxxxxx