Re: Routing table and routing cache

I think I got the answer. This is because policy routing allows you to select a routing table based on the destination IP address of the packet. Route lookup using routing cache does not look up policy rules database directly so there have to be two entries in routing cache for two routes in different routing tables, the routing tables being selected on the basis of destination IP address.

However the code could be optimized if policy routing is not selected during kernel compilation.

Regards,
Nitin