Using TEQL and using the underlying links as well

Hello everybody.
          I'm hoping you can help me with a network I'm thinking of building.

Imagine the following situation.

--------                  --------
|      |-------------------|      |
|  A  |                   | B  |
|      |-------------------|      |
--------                  --------

(That is to say, two linux hosts, A and B, connected by two
point-to-point links, which I will call link 1 and link 2). Sorry if
the ASCII-art doesn't come out right.

Now, links 1 and 2 can have vastly variable latencies and speeds,
depending at what time you look at them. But link 1 and 2 are equally
as "good" on average.

Reading the lartc.org book, I see that I can load balance packets
using TEQL. This great- it's going to give me greater throughput. The
cost is though that TCP packets might arrive out of order. In my case
they might arrive very much out of order.

Now some services this doesn't matter for (I think). My FTP download
is just trying to use as much bandwidth as possible- I'll let Linux
sort the packets later. On the other hand though, my VOIP call won't
put up with packets arriving out of order at all.

So the solution I'd like to build is one where I can make certain
services (selected either by port, or by QOS type) use TEQL- balanced
links, whereas other services use one or other of the underlying
links. So my VOIP call would pick one link or the other randomly to
start with, and then all packets would go down the same link for the
duration of the connection. This would hopefully minimise packet
reordering. I would try and achieve this using iptables and routing
rules on A and B.

Do people think this is possible? And specifically, I've successfully
set up two point to point links between A and B, but as soon as I put
them into TEQL, I can't use the IP addresses on the underlying links
anymore. Does this sound right, and if so how would I go about
implementing my design?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

David
-