Re: Route restriction

This restriction is because of the following reason

"If the gw addresss is not on the same network as the interface, then
to reach the gateway another route lookup needs to be done to reach
the gateway." Gateway is nothing but the nexthop for a particular
route, to which the outgoing interface is directly connected. (either
physically or virtually). For direct connection both ends of the link
should belong to the  same network.

The restriction applies in all the cases.

In case of BGP, the BGP would exchange the routes with the inter-area
routers and inject them in the AS.

Can you send the topology diagrams you are referring to ?

Regards,
Vivek