ipt_RELAY help

Hi,

Some time ago I wrote a RELAY net filter module, that I think I
mentioned on this list.
It allows UDP auto-relaying on a range of ports controlled via /proc.

http://relay.openright.org/

http://relay.openright.org/src/linux-2.6.17-updates/ipt_RELAY.c

One problem in the past with this module in the past was that it
required an "allow-spoof", as
changing a packet in prerouting to have this-hosts's IP address as
source triggered the martian/spoof packet tossing.

Later, I took a piece of code from ipt_REJECT/route_reverse to create
"reroute", which creates the route myself to avoid the spoof check in
the normal route code.

This worked in some cases, but not in cases involving one enpoint local
to this-host.
In general, I think there is probably a better way to do this.

Any thoughts on what that better way would be?

-Don
-